Join us for a free webinar to be held on Tuesday, 28th April at 14.00pm to discuss the impact of COVID-19 on property.
The onslaught of this virus has affected everyone in some way or another and not least of all property owners and tenants, whether commercial or residential.
Topics to be covered
- What is the legal position regarding property?
- What should you agree to when your tenant requests a payment holiday?
- What is the impact of force majeure?
- In which circumstances are you entitled to terminate your lease?
- How do you go about restructuring your lease with your landlord or tenant?
- What remedies do landlords have available to them?
- What is the relevance of the property industry’s group relief package?
- What is the impact on property transfers as the deeds office has not been considered an essential service and has been closed?
- Can pre-approved bonds expire?
- What happens if you lose your job after the bond has been approved?
- Are you still obliged to pay/collect levies or is there any room to manoeuvre?
Hosts: Marie-Lou Gillespie and Jacques van Der Merwe from De Abreu and Cohen
A litigation attorney with more than 20 years’ experience. Marie-Lou has vast experience in respect to commercial matters including property and insolvency matters. She deals extensively with rental disputes and assists clients with rental claims both in respect of residential and commercial property. She also has vast experience in respect of matters pertaining to communal living arrangements including Homeowners Associations and Sectional Title Schemes.
J VAN DER MERWE
Jacques is an attorney, notary and conveyancer specialising in property law with more than 20 years’ experience. He deals extensively with property transactions including the transfer of own title properties, sectional title properties, the registration of mortgage bonds over properties, the subdivision of properties and the opening of new sectional title developments.
We look forward to having you join us. There is no charge for the webinar so please invite everyone who could be affected. Please click on the link to register: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_cHOnX646RpWtxW7eWy-14Q